Boston, Massachusetts – 03-01-2019 (PRDistribution.com) — New interview series presents conversations on how culture is created, preserved and shared; celebrates our unique differences and shared human condition
Online magazine Best Cultural Destinations (BCD) announces today the launch of its podcast series, “People are Culture.”The interview series is hosted by BCD Founder & Editor Meg Pier and features hour-long conversations with cultural experts and aficionados from around the world, including innovative artists and artisans; pioneering activists and social entrepreneurs; dedicated preservationists; global visionaries; and a host of others.
In “People Are Culture,” guests relate their inspiration, process, techniques, and heritage—as well astheir personal epiphanies, challenges, breakthroughs, and hopes for the future–for at the heart of all culture is our shared human condition.In keeping with Best Cultural Destinations’ philosophy that we are all unique, and also all share the human condition, the interviews focus on each guest’s personal and professional journey and also explores their take on universal themes. Along with questions that delve into their individual area of focus, all guests are also asked four standard questions: their definition of culture, their belief on why it matters, their thoughts on what “connection” means, and how they have sought to achieve it.
“The ‘People are Culture’ podcast is my own small way to address the negativity, misunderstanding and divisiveness in the world and shine a light on people who are using culture as a force for positive change,” said Meg Pier, founder and editor of Best Cultural Destinations. “Fear and insecurity drive behaviors like bullying and the narcissism of the selfie culture. I am a proponent of listening and sharing stories as catalysts for greater compassion, connection and inspiration.”
The inaugural line-up of the “People are Culture” podcast series includes:
- Amitava Bhattacharya, founder and director of Banglanatak.com, on his mission ofworking across India to foster inclusive and sustainable development using culture-based approaches.
- Mary Hawkes, president and founder of Burren College of Artin Ireland, on the Burren as a muse for artists and the necessity of self-awareness and creativity to problem-solving in our increasingly-complex world.
- Bill LeVasseur, founder of Other Faces of Mexico folk art gallery and mask museum in San Miguel de Allende, on his avocation to document and share Mexico’s indigenous ceremonial mask traditions, and the history and symbolism of masking as a social construct.
- Anado Mclauchlin, assemblage/mosaic artist and founder of The Chapel of Jimmy Ray Gallery outside San Miguel de Allende, on his creative process,the people and concepts that inspire him, and the keeping a sense of wonder intact.
- George Patterson, founder ofTofino Botanical Gardens on Vancouver Island’s Clayoquot Sound, on the Garden’s 12 acres of gardens, forest, and shoreline that explore the relationship between culture, nature and science; the ‘War in the Woods’ that occurred in the Tofino area in the 1990s between the logging industry and activists; themes of moderation and believing in your vision; and the role of a garden as place to set the heart free.
- Wana Udobang,a Nigeria-based freelance journalist, poet and documentary filmmaker, on her work at the intersection of women’s rights, social justice, healthcare, climate change, culture and the arts.
“People are Culture” can be found at https://bestculturaldestinations.com/people-are-culture-podcast-interview-series, and on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, SoundCloud, Stichter, TuneIn, Blubrry, Pandora, Radio Public, Acast, Pocket Casts, Doubletwist, PlayerFM, Podkicker and Deezer.
About Best Cultural Destinations
Best Cultural Destinations (BCD) is the only online magazine that offers in-depth stories of people from around the world and all walks of life, who each offer powerful insights about their culture and its history – as well as their own transformational life lessons and spiritual practices, world-changing ideas, dramatic adventures, and hard-won wisdom. BCD offers moving human interest stories, insightful features on the intersection of tourism and social change, compelling photography, and high energy, uplifting videos. Best Cultural Destinations is for people who read, think, and have a desire to connect in a meaningful way with local cultures around the world. For more information on Best Cultural Destinations, visit www.bestculturaldestinations.com.
About Meg Pier
Meg Pier, Founder & Editor of Best Cultural Destinations, has been engaged in telling people’s stories for more than 30 years. An award-winning professional with a progressive career blending expertise in writing, editing, interviewing, public relations and brand building, Meg has a diversified set of credentials: a portfolio of bylines for media and corporate publications; a 25-year corporate career as the founding member of PR departments for four major financial services firms; consulting assignments to create communications platforms/infrastructure for non-profits; and a series of collaborations coaching private clients on their memoirs.
Company Name: Best Cultural Destinations
Full Name: Meg Pier
Email Address: Send Email
For the original news story, please visit https://prdistribution.com/news/online-magazine-best-cultural-destinations-launches-people-are-culture-podcast-series.html.