Webster, Texas, United States – 02-07-2023 (PR Distribution™) –
Dr. Ann Haggard, a Webster cosmetic dentist, discusses what patients should know before pursuing dental implants, including specific information about benefits, recovery, and candidacy.
Webster, TX – As a top cosmetic dentist in Webster, Dr. Ann E. Haggard is aware of the plethora of benefits dental implants can offer patients. In her professional experience, implants can significantly improve a patient’s oral health by replacing teeth that have decayed or fallen out due to decay, gum disease, or injury. “Not only can implants facilitate essential functions like speaking and chewing,” Dr. Haggard states, “but the placement of a titanium root within the gums can preserve the health of surrounding teeth, strengthen the jawbone, and even prevent bone loss.” Additionally, she explains, high-quality dental implants are typically extremely sturdy, and the dental crown placed atop the root is generally very lifelike in appearance. “In fact, patients often claim their implants both feel and appear indistinguishable from natural teeth,” says Dr. Haggard.
While the Webster dentist has used implants to improve the dental health of countless patients throughout her career, she emphasizes that the choice to undergo this treatment should not be taken lightly. “My team and I feel it is important for patients to understand the steps of the procedure before deciding to go through with it,” she states. For this reason, Dr. Haggard has listed the most essential factors patients should keep in mind before getting dental implants.
- Implant placement requires surgery. After Dr. Haggard and her experienced team conduct an initial examination and take 3D-scans of the mouth with the advanced PreXion® Cone Beam system, the next step is surgical implantation. “This is the most intensive part of the procedure,” says Dr. Haggard. “It is also worth noting that extraction or bone grafting may be necessary to make room for the implant, which means that additional surgery may be required.”
- Osseointegration takes time. “Osseointegration” refers to the step that follows implantation, in which the implant gradually fuses to the jawbone. According to Dr. Haggard, it may take several months for this fusion to complete. “During this time, patients may experience mild to moderate soreness or swelling, but these side effects are typically manageable with pain medications,” she continues.
- Implants can replace multiple teeth. “Implants are extremely versatile,” says Dr. Haggard. “While a single-tooth implant can be effective for patients missing one tooth, there are also several methods for replacing multiple teeth at a time, such as implant dentures.” Implant-supported dentures are a set of prosthetic teeth anchored into the jawbone by implants.
- Implants do not require extra maintenance. This is a common misconception about implants, states Dr. Haggard. “In reality, the best way to take care of a dental implant is to practice good oral hygiene,” she explains. “Patients should brush at least twice a day, floss every night, and attend regular cleanings and exams.”
- Implants are not the right choice for every patient. Dr. Haggard notes that while dental implants are often considered the best tooth replacement option, every patient’s case is unique. “A patient may be advised to seek a different treatment if they do not have sufficient jawbone strength to support an implant,” says Dr. Haggard, “which is often the case for patients with osteoporosis or similar conditions.”
Ultimately, Dr. Haggard urges any patient who is interested in implants to schedule a consultation at her practice. “An evaluation from a qualified dentist is the best way to determine candidacy for implants,” she says. “This initial meeting can also be a great opportunity for the dentist and patient to develop a customized treatment plan, which may include additional procedures.”
About Ann Haggard, DDS
A Webster cosmetic dentist with almost twenty years in practice, Ann Haggard, DDS is the daughter of Dr. Marcus Haggard, who founded the practice in 1978. She is a Cum Laude graduate of Centenary College of Louisiana; an alumna of Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry; and a member of numerous distinguished organizations, including the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), the American Dental Association (ADA), and the Texas Women’s Dental Association. Dr. Haggard is well-known for her commitment to continuing education and the use of groundbreaking dental technology (such as the X-Guide™ by X-Nav Technologies for implant placement) at her Webster practice. She is available for interview upon request.
For more information about Dr. Ann Haggard and her practice, visit designerforsmiles.com and facebook.com/designersmilestexas.
To view the original source of this release, click here: https://www.designerforsmiles.com/news/webster-dentist-on-what-to-know-before-getting-dental-implants/
1015 W. Medical Center Blvd. Suite 1600
Webster, Texas 77598
Company Name: Rosemont Media
Full Name: Cassie Fowler
Phone: (800) 491-8623
Email Address: Send Email
For the original news story, please visit https://www.prdistribution.com/news/webster-dentist-on-what-to-know-before-getting-dental-implants/9523332.