Westport, CT – 01-26-2022 (PR Distribution™) –
Award-winning plastic surgeon Amir Nasir, MD shares his professional tips for successful recovery after fat transfer, which is a popular technique used in a variety of cosmetic treatments.
Westport, CT – According to Amir Nasir, MD, a board-certified plastic surgeon in Westport, fat transfer – also known as “fat grafting” – can be highly useful when incorporated into certain procedures. He says fat transfer can achieve multiple cosmetic goals at once, as fat can be redistributed from areas where it is unwanted (e.g., the abdomen or thighs) to other areas in order to restore volume. At Lotus Cosmetic Surgery Connecticut, Dr. Nasir continues, the fat is extracted via liposuction, purified to ensure it is safe to use for transfer, and injected into the treatment area. Many patients, he adds, prefer fat transfer to certain other surgical strategies because the use of a patient’s own body fat is typically highly safe, and often makes for natural-looking results in procedures such as a natural breast augmentation or Brazilian Butt Lift.
Dr. Nasir creates a personalized aftercare plan for each patient. While these instructions sometimes vary based on the patient’s overall health and surgical goals, Dr. Nasir has provided the following general tips for recovery after fat transfer.
- Be mindful of fat reabsorption. After the surgery, says Dr. Nasir, patients can expect around 30% of the redistributed fat to be reabsorbed. While this is normal, patients can take steps to prevent further reabsorption.
- Do not apply extra pressure to the area. Dr. Nasir sometimes prescribes anti-compression garments to reduce excessive pressure to the surgical area, as too much pressure can lead to excess fat reabsorption. He also recommends patients adjust their sleeping position so as not to disrupt healing.
- Refrain from smoking. Cigarette smoking, Dr. Nasir cautions, has been linked to aftercare complications in fat transfer patients. Patients should aim to stop smoking several weeks before and after their surgery.
- Wait a few weeks before exercising. Dr. Nasir advises his patients to rest and consult him before returning to strenuous exercise.
- Choose a reputable surgeon. According to Dr. Nasir, choosing a board-certified, highly experienced fat transfer surgeon greatly increases the chances for a safe and successful procedure. He always recommends his patients extensively research all potential surgeons to ensure a match.
About Amir Nasir, MD
Highly experienced in all areas of plastic surgery, including fat transfer for a variety of aesthetic goals, Dr. Nasir is a two-time recipient of the Consumers’ Research Council of America’s Top Plastic Surgeon Award. He has also served as Assistant Professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at UConn Health in Farmington, CT, as well as at a Level 1 Trauma Center in New York. A former member of the Peace Corps, Dr. Nasir prioritizes compassion and communication when treating patients. He is available for interview upon request.
To view the original source of this release, click here: https://www.lotuscosmeticct.com/westport-plastic-surgeon-shares-tips-for-fat-transfer-recovery/
Lotus Cosmetic Surgery Connecticut
One Morningside Drive North, Building B
Westport, CT 06880
Company Name: Rosemont Media
Full Name: Cassie Fowler
Phone: (800) 491-8623
Email Address: Send Email
For the original news story, please visit https://www.prdistribution.com/news/westport-plastic-surgeon-shares-tips-for-fat-transfer-recovery-2.html.